TMI Tuesday time, and this week, we’re getting a bit serious. We’re talking about things we have regretted in the past. I’d love to say that I go by Robbie Williams’ philosophy of “No Regrets, They Don’t Work” but I genuinely don’t.
Let us play…
1. Do you regret how you “lost” your virginity? If yes, why and to whom would you have preferred to have lost it?
I haven`t lost my virginity yet, but I fiercely hope I won`t regret it. It`s a sore point in my head.
2. Have you ever lived a moment in your life where you said “Yeah, I’m not going to ever tell anyone about that.” Describe that moment or incident.
Being ill earlier in the year was that moment. I was on the phone with an interviewer when I noticed an odd spot on my knee. When I came off the phone, I was horrified to discover that my entire body was dotted with red spots. I had a very bad case of hives… I have mentioned it, but I really didn`t fancy going into the details. Two days before, my face mysteriously swelled up and I couldn`t see straight. It was the most horrific week of my life.
3. Do you regret having acted on a sexual impulse? If yes, please describe.
I try my best not to act on sexual impulse, for fear of absolutely regretting the outcome.
4. Do you regret not having had sex with someone who you could have had sex? If yes, would you do it over and have sex?
Yes and yes.
5. Do you regret not having asked out or tried to hook up with someone you really liked out of fear of rejection only to later learn that person wanted you, too? If yes, please describe.
I always regret not acting on that little instinct that says “They might like you too”.
6. Do you regret having done a particular sex act? If yes, please describe.
Does sticking a paintbrush up your fanny count? If so, yes, I regret that immensely. But I was young and foolish…
Bonus: Do you regret not having told someone you love them? Romantic, not familial or friendship love.