Lovers of long reads and sexuality, rejoice. I thought I’d add a little continuity to this blog, so welcome to the first (and hopefully not last) Share Thursday. The purpose of this lovely new thing is to share with you a couple of nice things I found on the internet in the past week or so, relating to anything from sex, sexuality, porn culture to my favourite blog posts.
Hopefully this’ll become at least a semi-regular thing, so you’ll get a hearty dose of smart and sexy reading (nearly) every Thursday.
- Kink.com’s culture blog have released an awesome 15 minute Porn 101 video, in which stars like Kylie Ireland, James Deen, Stoya and a whole bunch of others (together making up the Adult Performer Advocacy Committee) share their advice to aspiring performers.
I’ve embedded the video at the end of the post for your viewing pleasure.
- Gender queer porn performer and all-round brilliant and lovely person Jiz Lee wrote about their experiences at the AVN and XBIZ awards. It’s an excellent read; although I’m not so sure I’d want to try sushi with watermelon Pop Rocks any time soon!
- In fact, just go and read Jiz’s entire blog. Go on. DO EET.
- YES, YES, YES to everything Kate McCombs writes about in this article. You are never done learning about sex, and that’s the beauty of it. I wear my sex geek badge with pride.
- Cosmopolitan (of all places) interviewed four porn performers about their workouts, diets, the sex move that gives them a workout and body images. It’s surprisingly brilliant, insightful and non-judgemental.
- And finally, my beautiful, wonderful and inspiring friend Veronica Varlow (VeVaVavoom, as I call her) shares her 3 ways to arouse a lover, without touching them…