Who the devil are you?
Jillian Boyd. I run the house here. Welcome.
Why do you write this blog?
- Because sex and human sexuality interests me, and I write to gain better understanding of my own sexuality.
- Because it’s more of an education in sex and relationships than actual sex-ed in school ever was.
- Because I bloody love writing about sex.
- Because it feels like a natural topic for me to be writing about.
- Because having sex is fun.
- Because of catharsis.
- Because I believe that sex is a beautiful, messy and glorious thing and should not be shamed or frowned upon by people.
More about me:
- I’m 23.
- Vanilla, with sprinkles.
- Very much in love and dating this bloke.
- Living in London.
What else do I do?
- Write and edit erotic romance/erotic fiction short stories for publication.
- Freelance as a website writer.
- Make and craft stuff.
- Read voraciously.
Apart from writing this blog, which I’ve been doing for nearly three years, I also write erotic fiction. I’ve been published by the likes of House of Erotica, Constable and Robinson and am soon to be published by Cleis Press (OW MAH GLOB *flaps hands in excitement*).
I’m also editing my first anthology in the new year (*flaps hands even harder in more excitement*). You can find that call for submissions here.
I also freelance as a writer, mainly on Dork Adore, where I cover things from films and TV to gadgets and gizmos. I’ve written for several other websites, a list of which you can find here (currently being updated, so no link yet! Sorry!)
Oh, and just in case you’re wondering, here’s a short list of my favourite things (blissfully free of raindrops and roses).
Favourite film: Shadow of a Doubt by Alfred Hitchcock
Favourite TV show: Hannibal (dem cheekbones, tho)
Favourite song: Euphoria by Loreen (she says without any trace of shame. What of it?)
Favourite sex toy: LELO Ella (How I Love You So)
Favourite sexual position: fucking missionary, dude. It’s where it’s at.
Favourite erotic story: I’ve got plenty, but Löyly by Angela Caperton is one of my all-time favourites.