This week, Sunday Stealing gets a bit grim, asking if you feel we’re all going to hell somewhere next year. But of course, I have a witty comeback for you all to enjoy.
1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts?
Sex and the world around me. My own life and my quest to find myself.
2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why?
I would swap with anyone. But @Mollysdailykiss would be high on my list, because she’s such an amazing writer.
3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?
Ehehe! That’s a wonderful question! It would have to be Rock and Roll Nerd by Tim Minchin. Anything by the Minch would work.
Laid, by James would also work. That or Born of Frustration.
4. What is your writing process for a post?
Start from a picture, think about what story would go with that picture and just go.
Or little things, like song lyrics and things I hear. That makes for a good basis for a post.
5. Your blog requires a cute, new, mascot – what would it be?
I have three! A tiny Buddha head, Harry Judd the Moomin and my new addition, Mr Cookie (a stuffed version of the Gingerbread Man from Shrek)
6. Do you feel you express your “true self” on your blog?
Most of me is in this blog. I feel like I don’t express my “true self” enough in real life!
7. What is your biggest online pet-peeve?
When you go to certain porn sites, you get these annoying pop-ups and that is just horrible.
8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why?
I want to live in the London I portray in my stories. I want to just walk down the street and have lunch at Sarios (from “Red”) or grab a drink at Miles’s bar (from “Little Stories”). Listen to Tim’s musical stylings together with Jem (from “Piano Man”) and wake up next to Graham, knowing that I can be the one to change him (from “A Dirty Kind of Grace”)
Why? I just want to live in my own head.
9. You’re having a bad day, you’re upset, you’re angry, or you’re sad – what is your go-to comfort?
The laptop. Twitter. This blog. The duvet.
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival?
Eve Myles from Torchwood would play me, but with ginger hair, Matthew Gray Gubler would be my leading man, Tim Minchin my best friend and my intellectual rival would be Sir Stephen of Fry. We’d be friends in the end though.
12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012?
No. I choose not to believe in a bunch of mentalists. And I have too bloody much to live for.
13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
I’d change my breasts. I just don’t know how they can get any smaller!
And I’d change my neuroses.
14. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring! Just the right amount of warmth, sensuality in the air…. gorgeous.
Spring rain is amazing.
15. You’ve been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth?
I don’t know how to answer that. Depends on which Vamp-Verse we’re in. If this was True Blood, I’d embrace it if the vampire in question doesn’t change me. If this was Twilight, I’d fight it.
16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends?
A whole bunch of them!
17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like?
I don’t have one at the moment, but I might come back to that in a few weeks or months time. Stay tuned!
18. Have you ever drank something right from the container in the refrigerator knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later?
Not that I can recall!
19. What is your favorite word and explain why?
Regular readers of this blog know my affinity with the word Schadenfreude. It’s such a sexy word! I don’t know why, really. Just the sound. And the meaning. I have to confess that I do like a bit of reality tv-induced Schadenfreude.
20. 2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you’d like to do different on your blog in the year 2012?
I’d like to do more opinion pieces and more fiction series. I’d love to pick up Piano Man in the new year and make Dirty Kind of Grace into a novel. Red needs a whole bunch of editing, but I think I could make it work.